INTERESTED IN JOINING THE CITY NETWORK TEAM? IF SO – WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE A FULL VIEW OF THE FOLLOWING
We are a fast growing company! It means a little chaos is a good thing! We are the European leaders in infrastructure as a service using open source software such as OpenStack.
Our role in the market comes with a great deal of responsibility. We need to be our best at all times. There will be projects and activities heading your way – and some that you were not prepared for – which you need to take on. And you should love it.
We love having fun and working hard. We live to get that smile on our customers face when we solve a problem or simply provide something better than expected. That’s in fact why we go to work the next day.
When something comes up that needs all hands on deck – we are all there – no questions asked.
You need to feel deep down in your soul that this attracts you. If not – there is a great risk you will be disappointed.
BASICALLY, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WAS BORN WITH AN ETHERNET CABLE AS HIS OR HER UMBILICAL CORD.
And we’re not even joking. As a member of our Engineering team you will be working with some of the worlds most advanced OpenStack-based IT infrastructure solutions. We build and maintain a global public cloud available on three continents and handle compliant, private and hybrid cloud solutions for large customers. Just try to imagine what kind of networking solutions that requires. Interconnecting data centers across the globe, handling customer requirements for direct connects and a ton of other things needs to be maintained for us to be able to deliver on our promise.
Make no mistake, the list below is a guiding star and actually describes some kind of superhero that we thought we could get. But in the end we know that we will have to settle for you and trust us - that is exactly what we want. If you can just muster up the courage to apply for this job and if you fit in to our company profile as far as personality, some of your knowledge but most importantly your desire to actually become that person goes - you’re in.
- Hands on experience of designing and building service provider IP networks.
- Extensive experience from Cisco routers and switches, preferably Cisco ACI as well.
- Strong understanding on internetworking technologies likes Routing Protocol like BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, route-redistribution, segment routing, VXLAN/EVPN, Policy-Routing, as well as MPLS-based technologies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of security, such as IPSEC tunnels, VPNs and firewalls.
- Strong understanding of switching technologies; trunking, VLANs, VTP, Ethernet switching, Multi-layer switching.
- Understanding of network management; SNMP, Netflow, etc.
- Experience from datacenter interconnect methodologies.
- Extensive working knowledge for network services, such as SCP, SSH, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, NAT, etc.
- Experience from network automation
- Strong troubleshooting and problem analytical skill.
- Using and interpreting packet captures.
- Some programing knowledge, ability to analyze scripts.
- Strong strategical ability to develop our core network but also actively drive our datacenter networking.
- Provide ability to plan and organize work within a tight team oriented structure.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organizational skills.
Full time with 6 weeks vacation (6 months probationary employment)
City Network has signed a collective agreement with Almega 'IT-Telekomföretagen'.
All City Network employees is assessed yearly through a screening process.
Info about us: CITY NETWORK HOSTING AB BORGMÄSTAREGATAN 18 SE-371 34 KARLSKRONA Phone: +46 8 4000 9000